Saturday, June 27, 2009

Funding Yogi's Future

My husband and I have a small home-based vinyl graphics business. Today we had the honor of lettering a very special van for a very special child.  

His name is Logan and he is four years old. Logan has Cerebral Palsy.  Although we have never met Logan, we know his cool Grandpa Ken.  Grandpa Ken is very proud of Logan (or Yogi as his family calls him) and G'pa beams when he tells us stories of him.  Logan and his family have a new handicap accessible van. 

There is another important person in this story too.  Her name is Keri. She is Logan's mother.  On top of her other duties, she has committed herself to post regular updates in a blog to keep friends and family current on Logan's condition.  I have never met Keri but I have spent some time on her blog, viewed photos of Logan and family, and read several of her entries which are beautifully written as only a proud mother can do for her child.

To virtually meet Logan, Keri and other important people in their life you can visit them at www.loganssuperheroes.blogspot.com.

Most importantly, Logan is due for a surgery that is not covered by health insurance and will cost around $20,000.  His family has set up a fund at a local bank and is accepting donations to offset the costs. If you feel so inclined, I hope you will spend a few minutes visiting Logan's site and consider donating in Logan's honor.  We did. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Aside from my tear filled eyes, you've rendered me speechless. There isn't a vocabulary powerful enough to express my appreciation for your kind words. Honestly, I can't thank you enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special kid and a special family. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete