Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vacation Ends - Back to Reality...Home Sweet Home

After six days on the road and over 2,400 miles in the van it's back to reality for the Wolfsen family.

We traveled through eight states in all: Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana.

We had the best night's sleep yet last night at a Country Inns & Suites hotel in Marion, Illinois.  We slept in, ate a nice continental breakfast at the hotel and began our trek home around 11 a.m.  The nine-hour trip was uneventful. The boys were great!  I downloaded an audiobook onto my iPod before we left this morning and Ben and I listened to it.  It was One For the Money by Janet Evanovich.  It was a cleverly written mystery, and Ben even liked it!

Simon and Dawn reached Fremont late this afternoon. Deb, Dave, John and Sarah followed a few hours later. We pulled in the driveway around 8 p.m.  Amy, E and Leo decided to stay another night on the road and visit the Museum of Science and Industry and the Aquarium in Chicago before they return home Wednesday.

I forgot to mention a very HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY to my favorite middle nephew, Ethan, yesterday. Happy Birthday Buddy!  Sorry we weren't home to celebrate with you.

My favorite oldest nephew, Noah, age 9, is away at Camp Henry this week.  We sent a postcard to him from Memphis Zoo. I hope it reaches him before his session ends on Saturday!

We may spend the afternoon at Silver Lake with Simon and Dawn tomorrow. Our plans are still undetermined.  Sometime I need to prepare my lesson for Weight Watchers on Thursday.  Oh yeah, I suppose I'd better get groceries so my family doesn't starve!

Back to the grind...laundry, workouts, housework, eh.



No comments:

Post a Comment